Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Saint Patty's Day



St. Patty's Day was not particularly festive for us. We spent all day at one hospital or another. We started the day and the Children's hospital so Avonelle could get some more lab work done. Avonelle is usually pretty good about getting blood drawn and clams easily,but she has been getting pretty dramatic lately so I was a little worried. The little boy in the next bed was wailing, and I thought that it might make her nervous, but she was fine. She didn't cry at all. Not even a wimpier. She did flinch when they stuck her but then sat there very patiently while they filled their vials and then wrapped her arm. I was proud of her but a little sad that she is so used to this kind of thing. They were kind of disappointed because they needed a urine sample as well and usually crying facilitates this. So I took her home and strapped her in her swing so she couldn't move and gave her lots of water to drink. Then we had to go to the down town hospital for occupational therapy which is all ways fun. Then home for a nap and when Avonelle woke up we headed back to the childrens hospital to drop off our specimen. After we were done we went to the cool play ground they have at the hospital. It was also a lot of fun except for the part where Avie got coffee spilled on her. It was luckily a cold so she wasn't hurt but her dress was all dirty that is why she is just wearing leggings in her picture. So the were no shamrock shaped pancakes or green eggs and ham, nor any corned beef and cabbage, but regardless of it lack of festifity it was a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I'm sad that my little treasure is so used to being poked. What a little trooper. She looks adorable though. I'm really upset about you not being able to come this summer. We'll miss you so much. I don't know what I'll do without my Avie fix. You'll have to post a ton of pictures and very often.